My name is Leland Stephens and I am the planting pastor. My family and I moved to Vicenza in September, 2017 with the vision of planting an Evangelical, Non-denomonational style, International English speaking church. While it’s a mouthful to say, it’s an even bigger passion that God has planted in our hearts! Our hope is that GLACE Community Church is a place where you can find life-transforming truth and life-giving community to ease the burden’s of living in this broken and often pain filled world.
I’m Chris! I’m married to a God-loving, beautiful, and amazing woman (Kristan) and we have 5 gorgeous daughters. Originally from Texas, we have been in Italy since 2017. Our desire is to plant international churches in English to guide people to love Jesus more than anything else in life. We believe the Bible says this happens through knowing, confessing, and trusting Jesus as Savior and Lord, gathering with others who do the same, and sharing the love of Christ with those who do not! Our hope is that the time in Italy becomes a treasured memory of transformation, not because of the place, but because of the people through GLACE Community Church.
John 17 is most often called Jesus’ “High Priestly Prayer” and in this section of John’s Gospel we find Jesus praying for us (vv. 20-21)! More specifically, He is praying for us to be United as a Community! From this prayer comes a foundational principle of GLACE…
- Our goal is not perfect theology, but functional unity as we serve God and become transformed into Christ’s image. The Bible reminds us often to work and grow together as we wrestle to live out our faith in a world filled with opportunities to compromise.
As we survey the Bible, there are four “concentrations” Scripture calls the church to faithfully live out:
- Community: Unity, Diversity, Fellowship, and Corporate Worship
- Outreach: Evangelism and Service
- Replication: Making Disciples (not converts) and Church Planting
- Education: Gospel Proclamation (preaching) and Teaching Truth